Pastor of Pastoral Care
The Pastor of Pastor Care provides support to the Senior Pastor in areas related to the spiritual care and nurturing of the congregation. In scripture based ministry, the Pastor of Pastoral Care serves the congregation with compassion to ensure those in need or facing crisis are embraced with God’s love. The Pastor of Pastoral Care regularly coordinates in ministry with the Convalescent Home Ministry, Chaplaincy Program, Associate Ministers and the Deacon Family Ministry. Examples of pastoral care include but are not limited to:
- Spiritual care
- Visitation (hospital, prison, jail, nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities and mental health facilities when needed)
- Biblical counseling and mental health resources and referrals
- Bereavement support
- Performance of weddings, funerals, and baptisms when needed
Senior Care Caller Team
The purpose of the Senior Care Caller Team is to:
- Bring people into a relationship with Christ and/or nurture the ongoing spiritual growth of SPC senior members.
- Support the needs of SPC senior members.
- Encourage senior members to reach out and connect in meaningful ways with other senior members.
Senior Care Callers will serve in the ministry by:
· Contacting seniors at least 1 time per month or as needed by phone or by the senior member’s preferred communication method to:
- Confirm, on a regular basis, changes to the senior members address, phone numbers, etc.
- Encourage, pray, offer spiritual nurturing
- Share SPC updates, etc.
· Completing a brief contact report and submitting it electronically to their assigned Senior Care Caller Team Lead by the 10th of each month
How to Volunteer
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org